Aside from attending the University of Florence BA course in ‘History and Management of Cultural Heritage’, Jacopo Celona completed his academic path with the Master ‘Art and Culture: Marketing, Communication, and Fundraising Strategies’ at the 24Ore Business School of Economics, Rome. In 2001 he joined the Florence Biennale organisation, thereby dealing initially with communication, press office, and media. Within the framework of the Vth edition of the biennial he worked as Public Relations manager, and became more and more involved in aspects related to organisation, management, and strategic planning. In 2012 he was appointed Executive Director of the Florence Biennale. That same year he founded the Linea contemporary arts centre in Florence. He also entered partnerships and collaborations with organisations operating in the arts and cultural sector in Italy and on the international scene. His commitment to promoting artists participating to the Florence Biennale led him to organise solo and collective exhibitions with some of them, and also to host lectures and events in the arts centre that he founded.
In 2015 he was appointed Guest Curator at the Lucca Museum of Contemporary Art (L.U.C.C.A.) by Maurizio Vanni, artistic director of that museum.
In 2016, together with Annabella Pascale, C.E.O. of the Artimino Residence, he founded the Artimino Contemporanea Society. The aim of that association, of which he is the President, is to promote art by organising exhibitions and cultural events at the so-called ‘Ferdinanda’ Medici villa, declared UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2013.
Former president of the Rotaract Club Firenze PHF, Jacopo Celona is the Telethon Foundation representative for the Florence district. Over recent years he has organised and/or curated contemporary art festivals, conferences, and exhibitions in Italy and abroad, as indicated in more detail below.
- Giuseppe Calonaci’s solo exhibition ‘Parete Occupata’, Prato, Artimino Residence, 2016.
- QART3 – Street Festival of Contemporary Art, 2nd edition, Florence, Quartiere 3, 2016.
- ‘Clarite et Pretiose et Belle’. Icone contemporanee dal vecchio e nuovo mondo”, Assisi, Palazzo del Capitano del Popolo, December 2015.
- Wessel Huisman’s solo exhibition ‘The Laws of Perspective’, Prato, Artimino Residence, 2015.
- Andrea Roggi’s solo exhibition, ‘Aer Aeris – I Cieli di Bronzo’, Prato, Artimino Residence, 2015.
- QART3 – Street Festival of Contemporary Art, 1st edition, Florence, Quartiere 3, 2015.
- Franca Pisani’s solo exhibition ‘Per Desdemona”, Florence, Court of Justice, 2015.
- Giampaolo Talani’s solo exhibition ‘Talani’, Prato, Artimino Residence, 2015.
- Cycle of lectures ‘Prospettive Contemporanee’, Florence, Associazione per Boboli, 2015.
- ‘Nutrire l’Anima Ottica’, collective exhibition of contemporary artists, Florence, Linea, 2015.
- ‘Paper Reincarnations’, collective exhibition of contemporary artists, La Valletta (Malta), Istituto Italiano di Cultura, 2014.
- ‘Overlooking Gardens’, collective show of contemporary artists, Pietrasanta, La Versiliana, 2014.
- Pasquale Celona’s solo exhibition, ‘Il Mio Canto ha Deposto ogni Artificio’, Florence, church of Santa Croce, 2013.
- ‘Paper: Common Ground’, collective exhibition of contemporary artists, Florence, Linea, 2012.
- ‘Effetto Biennale – Merida’, collective exhibition of contemporary artists, Merida (Mexico), 2010.