INTERPRET THE THEME OF THE XIIIth FLORENCE BIENNALE AND BECOME OUR GUEST OF HONOUR
We are glad to announce that Florence Biennale, Art Market Magazine, and Lens Magazine joined forces for an International Competition for artists and photographers.
Artists and photographers participating in the competition are invited to interpret the theme of the XIIIth Florence Biennale, which will be held from 23 to 31 October 2021 at Fortezza da Basso in Florence, Italy, under the high patronage of European Parliament:
The photographs and artworks which best interpret the theme of the XIIIth Florence Biennale will be used for the communication (mass media, internet, outdoor advertising, etc.) of the forthcoming edition and their authors will become Guests of Honor at the XIIIth Florence Biennale.
Submission start: March 10th, 2021
Submission deadline: May 10th, 2021
Finalists and Winners announcement: June 1st, 2021
Open Call Competition Jury:
Dafna Navarro – CEO & Founder, Editor-in-chief, Art Market Magazine & Lens Magazine
Jacopo Celona – Director of the Florence Biennale
Fortunato D’Amico – Florence Biennale Curatorial Board
Loredana Trestin – Florence Biennale Curatorial Board
In the event of a tie, the President of the Florence Biennale, prof. Pasquale Celona, will participate in the voting to choose the winner/s.
FINALISTS AND WINNERS
- The winning works (2 artworks and 2 photographs) will be used for the communication of the event (mass media, internet, outdoor advertising, etc.), published on the official catalogue, and exhibited in a dedicated exhibition space within the XIIIth Florence Biennale,
- The finalists’ works (25 artists and 25 photographers) will be displayed on a screen within the same dedicated exhibition space,
- The winners will be interviewed by Art Market Magazine and Lens Magazine and featured on a special issue about XIIIth Florence Biennale 2021 (June 2021),
- Chosen artists and photographers who submitted their works will be featured on Art Market Magazine and Lens Magazine as part of the “Art Market’s favorite” selection (September 2021),
- Winners will also receive a medal and an award certificate as Guests of Honor during the XIIIth Florence Biennale (October 2021).
For more information, please visit https://www.florencebiennale.org
Application Form: https://www.florencebiennale.org/open-call-competition/