Art of Toys, the neo-artistic movement founded by Francesco Ristori and 15 other artists, designers and illustrators from the world of cinema, advertising, comics and gaming, has chosen Florence Biennale 2019 to present a preview of its manifesto.
During the 10 days of the XII Florence Biennale (which for the first time includes a design exhibition in the year of the celebration of Leonardo da Vinci’s genius), the 16 designers and illustrators of the Art of Toys movement will be present with their futuristic creations – mostly figurative works- “Ready Made” and multimedia works.
Art of Toys intends to contribute, with new expressive standards, to the creation of the imaginative world of fantasy, which is traditionally present in the world of comics, gaming and the toy industry.
Through a continuous conceptual, aesthetic, and communicative research, (and often starting from their own intimate and personal reflections), the 16 designers of Art of Toys portray the “World of Fantastic” by creating their own peculiar interpretations.
“The future of the twentieth century becomes today an instrument of artistic and technological research, in the present towards the future.
Everything merges into a new techno-organic creature, nostalgic of vintage excellence and at the same time eager for innovation, representing a coherent unicum.”
Art of Toys at Florence Biennale 2019
The 16 designers will be at Florence Biennale 2019 from October 18th to the 27th:
– Giulio Mosca, alias Baffo, which is a name derived from his first creature, “Baffo”, a character who in a few weeks after its release online in 2015 became a viral phenomenon;
– Bax, Basilio Trombetta, a modeler and creator of robotic figures inspired by Japanese animation;
– Codeczombie, inspired by his love for sculpture, produces limited edition resin toys;
– Cometdebris, born KoJi Harmon, creates new original characters from Japanese “World of Fantastic”;
– Daniele Fallani, who will be present with his playfully themed original artistic creations;
– Fabio Angelini, modeler, designer and illustrator, who won the Gunpla Builders World Cup of Italy in 2018;
– Francesco Ristori, president of Florence Toy Museum, founder of Art of Toys and author of its Manifesto;
– Gabriele dell’Otto, Italian cartoonist and illustrator, who has worked for Sergio Bonelli Editore and for major international publishers such as “Marvel Comics Secret War”, “X-Force: Sex And Violence”, “Avengers Annual”, “Avenging Spider-Man” 14 and 15, and “Amazing Spider-Man: Family Business”.
There will be to…
– Giovanni Pierantoni, architect, industrial designer and illustrator;
– Giuseppe di Bernando, historical signature of the cult character of Italian black comics, “Diabolik”, was awarded as a comic book author with a “Scure d’Oro” and a Crepax Awards;
– Kaneda, born Alessandro Pautasso, is a graphic designer/illustrator from Turin, strongly attracted to visual arts and pop culture. During these years he has lent his art to major international brands and collaborated with entities such as “The New York Times”, “Los Angeles Times”, Greenpeace;
– KIDDO, born Carlo Nannini, who has been sculpting contemporary pop icons in marble and stone for over twenty years;
– Lorenzo Ceccotti, aka LRNZ, is an Italian cartoonist and illustrator. In addition to his collaborations as an illustrator with Sergio Bonelli Editore and Editoriale Aurea, he is known in particular for the volumes of graphic novels “Golem” and “Astrogamma”, both published by Bao Publishing;
– Piero Fragola, who is a director, graphic designer, sound designer, and professor of Audiovisual Languages and Techniques and Video design & Mapping at LABA and IED in Florence;
– Roberto Fazio, who is fascinated by human-machine interaction and computer vision, realizes his projects through the paradigms of interaction design and computing;
– TEX, Alessio Tommasetti, architect, designer, and concept artist, who is the founder, partner and legal director of Studio D’Arc, and founding partner of the Ludomaniacs and Kraken Works associations, whose cultural initiatives he takes care of.